Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What project should I do today?

Chris and I were kicking around a few ideas on excuses to get out of the office and work on some interesting projects while we’re at it. I’ve personally gotten quite a few emails for some cool projects, so we decided to kill two birds with one stone.

As a huge fan of The Ben Heck Show, as well as Ladyada’s Ask an Engineer, I thought some kind of interactive weekly Youtube show might be a fun experiment that could also get some local Boston makers involved as well. It also solves the $1,000,000,000 question (that I wake up to most mornings):

What project should I do today?

The first idea I had is something like an Iron Chef but for electronics and hacking. There’s some set of secret “ingredients” inside a mystery box, and the challenge is to come up with some kind of project we can do with what’s inside.

sshot-79

A twist on this would be to pull a random project suggestion from the virtual mailbag, and then try to make things work with what’s inside. So if there’s a project you’ve been stuck on, just wanted to see built, or you just think would make a good tutorial, post to comments, twitter me @liquidware, or send me an email at justin@liquidware.com

Now it’s time to think of a good title for this show…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, I like the twist... I tweeted a clue last week (oops)!

Anonymous said...

The proper survival kit when the zombie apocalypse arrives.